Question of the Month – September
Question of the Month
Q: I accidentally deleted both a file and a folder, and need to get them back. What’s the best way to do that in AirDesk?
A: There are currently two ways to restore accidentally deleted files and folders with AirDesk Legal:
- Restore the file or folder from shadow copies. AirDesk creates a shadow copy of all files and folders every night (The number of shadow copy versions varies, but is generally about five days’ worth).Therefore, the fastest and easiest way to recover a deleted file or folder in AirDesk is:
To Restore a Deleted File
- Use a computer mouse to navigate to the folder where the deleted file had been stored.
- Right-click with the mouse on the folder.
- Click “Restore previous versions”.
- Select a version date to restore.
- Choose either:
- “Open”: To open the archive and copy the file or folder to another location.
- “Copy…”: To create a copy of the selected item in a specified location.
- “Restore…”: To recover a copy on top of the existing file.
To Recover A Folder
- Go to the parent folder in which the missing folder was previously stored. Then right-click with the mouse on the parent folder.
- Select “Restore previous versions.”
- From there, either:
- Select “Restore” to restore a copy of the parent folder, which will contain the missing sub-folder. Or…
- Choose “Open” to open a shadow copy of the parent folder, and then create a copy of the missing sub-folder by copying and pasting it to another location.
- Submit a support request to email@example.com and have AirDesk’s support staff restore the file or folder from formal backups.
For details on one or both of these solutions or for pricing information, contact AirDesk Legal at (801)441-2100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.