FAQs on Adjusting Your Email Spam Filter
Dealing with spam can be annoying. But fortunately your email service with AirDesk comes with a spam filtering service. Below are some frequently asked questions and answers on your spam filter and how to adjust it to meet your needs:
- Q: Do I have to wait for the system to send me a report before I can see which emails have been quarantined?
- A: No. You can view and search through your quarantined emails at any time without having to wait for the system to send you a report. For example, if you were expecting an email from someone during a certain period of time which never arrived in your inbox you could just go in your spam filter and look for it. You can also whitelist and blacklist emails or domains by adding them to your quarantine settings without having to wait and see if a future email will be caught in the spam filter.
- Q: Is there a way to get my spam quarantine email reports more frequently?
- A: Yes. By default, the system automatically sends a spam quarantine email report every 24 hours. However, to get this report more often, simply adjust the frequency in your spam filter settings. Options range from once every hour to once every 24 hours. If you’d like, you can even exclude certain days of the week, such as weekends.
- Q: Can I change the content of what’s in my spam quarantine email reports?
- A: Yes. You can adjust the reports so they include only emails that were quarantined since the last report, or all active quarantined emails. You can also adjust how many quarantined emails are included in the report, up to a maximum of 100.