Spotlight: Compliant Email Archiving
Most law firms need to capture and store all their inbound and outbound email messages and other electronic communications (e.g., attachments, metadata, etc.) in a searchable archive. They may need to do this for a variety of reasons, such as:
- To protect and preserve email, critical data, and/or intellectual property (as email is only saved for a certain period of time once it’s deleted from a mailbox).
- To comply with federal and state regulations regarding email communication.
- For e-discovery purposes.
- To backup and recover lost or accidentally deleted emails later.
- To quickly respond to an audit.
AirDesk Legal offers a compliant email archiving solution which enables law firms to automate the process of collecting and preserving email and other electronic communications. Once an archive is created, all email correspondence is automatically copied to the archive and it can be searched with the AirDesk eDiscovery tool.
Some of the benefits of having this solution include:
- Facilitates regulatory compliance as well as enforces company-wide retention policies.
- Reduces the risk of data loss.
- Helps employees maintain complete case data.